Monday 27 February 2012

startledearwig's first post

Welcome to my new blog :)

Do I have anything interesting or relevant to say?

I think so. About a lot of things. I will be keeping busy.

Would others?

Probably not.

The name is inspired by that great love of my life, Dublin GAA, and a famous quote from Pat Gilroy after a particulary bad day in Croke Park.


We were like startled earwigs says Gilroy

EVER SEEN a startled earwig? You know when you lift a rock and that little brown insect runs around aimlessly in every direction, not sure where he’s going, but just knowing he’s probably a goner. That’s how manager Pat Gilroy described Dublin’s performance in Croke Park yesterday. In the end they didn’t just get a fright, but something that could haunt them for the rest of the lives.


Thankfully things got a lot lot better.



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment